4.03.2009

Lone Elk Park

Photobucket
Last Sunday it was rainy and the kids were bored so I decided to drive them out to Lone Elk Park. The girls were excited seeing wildlife that close up and we even went to the wild bird sanctuary where they got to see a bunch of owls and eagles. It was a nice trip.

This is a pic of a female Elk. There were a ton of babies but they were in a pen. Not too wild so I did not take any pics of them even though they were cute.
Photobucket

This guy was crazy. He walked right up to our car and scared the shit out of me. I thought he was going to try and ram into the van but thankfully he didn't.
Photobucket

The Bison are apparently crazy as well.
Photobucket

I could not get a good shot of them because they were all in the woods and you can bet all you've got that I was not about to get out of my car to get a better shot.
Photobucket

And although we see deer all the time in our yard I could not resist taking a picture of this cutie.
Photobucket

And we even got to see a legendary wild turkey,LOL
Photobucket

That about sums up our trip. I did not get any pics of the wild bird sanctuary due to a 4 month old screaming to be let out of the car seat. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!

No comments: