7.05.2009

A mole.




Cute little sucker isn't he? Yeah, well, don't let him fool you. Some how, some way he got into my garden and is tearing it up. There are mounds all over the place. I know I shouldn't blame the little dude since he has no eyes therefore cant tell that he is in my garden but I do.

Yesterday I went to Lowe's to see about some traps and ended up going in circles with a lady who worked there. She said the traps don't work and that I need to get the poison worms. I told her that the mole was in my garden bed and I cant put a poison worm in there. So then she told me to use poison pellets. HELLO!!!! Did you not just hear me? I said it was in my GARDEN! If I cant use a poison worm in there then why would I use poison pellets? She was not getting my "no poison in the garden" policy. So then she came up with and uber genius idea to go out at 10:00, 2:00 and 5:00 and watch the soil. When I see it move flip it up with a shovel and the mole will come flying out. Great. She obviously did not hear me say that THE MOLE WAS IN MY GARDEN! How on earth would I be able to flip up the mound if my plants were in the way? I couldn't. No way. No how.

After all that small talk I ended up buying 2 traps. The problem is I have no idea where to put them. On the package it says to put the traps in the tunnels not the mounds but I don't know where the tunnels are AND to top it all off it rained buckets all day long so I could not go out and check. I will be devastated if this sucker ruins all my hard work and effort. If anyone has had experience with this please leave a comment and help a sista out. I will be forever grateful.

No comments: