9.28.2009

Laundry list of projects.

I have a huge list of projects I want to tackle. Here's a preview.

I love this felt fairy house from 5 orange potatoes. I have a thing for fairies and fairy houses so this project is right up my alley. I think I will make mine a bit bigger and make some dolls to go along with it to give Ellie as a Christmas gift.

This outfit is drool worthy. When I saw it on Lil Blue Boo yesterday I said out loud, " No F'ing way! I just bought those pants at Target the other day!!!" I love corduroy, Ryan only wears corduroy, and since I can now confidently sew knit fabric I'm sure corduroy will be a breeze. I do have to admit that I am really thinking about going against my husband and doing the hall bath in owls like I originally planned before he shot the idea down. I think an owl would look great on a switch plate and as a wall decal (or 2 or 3).

I really want to make one of these fruit fly catchers featured on The Idea Room. Actually this may have to be done, like, today, since I always have fruit flies in my kitchen from all our nasty kitchen compost. Totally gross but I can deal with fruit flies if it means I'm reducing my carbon blueprint.

I REALLY need to make some of these smockets for the girls. I'm sick and tired of scrubbing paint out of their clothes. These smocks are simple and beautiful. They would make great Christmas gifts.

I love aprons. I REALLY REALLY love them. I need to make this Suzy Homemaker one for myself. Since I'm referred to her more often than not I think it will be appropriate.





Photos taken from www.craftster.org

I also still have this to fix up. I think I'm going to paint it a yellow that I bought for my hall bath and ended up not using because I did not like how it looked in there.

I also got this off of freecycle yesterday.

Photobucket

I'm going to sand it down, paint it black, and distress it a tad to go with this

Photobucket

I bought for $7 at the antique mall a few weeks ago.

I really love the look of this

Photobucket

I bought some paper and wood plaques yesterday to do a test run.

I also found 2 of these on top of one on of my kitchen cabinets.

Photobucket

God knows how long they have been up there. They were totally nasty. So nasty in fact, that after I scrubbed them down I threw the sponge in the trash. They are all prettied up now and I think they would work well with this project.

I think this project will be good for Ellie's room. Her room is literally a blank canvas. There is nothing in there but a hanging wall shelf hanging, a dresser, a small cabinet, a crib, and a glider. That's it. Blank. And to make it worse not one piece of the furniture is matching. Non-matching furniture is usually like nails on a chalkboard to me but some some reason, in her room, it works.

Now I'm starting to think the owls would look good in there.......



I think that's it for now.

I'll start on this laundry list as soon as I get done making these awesome Sienna dresses. I got the pattern from Little Blue Boo's Etsy shop. Ive got one pretty much done and I love it! Olivia loves it too and Isabela cant wait for hers to be done. They are Halloween related so I have to finish them before the Girl Scout field trip to the pumpkin patch on Friday.

No comments: