1.01.2010

New Year's Resolution, change.

Im SO glad December is finally over!

Starting the day after Thanksgiving I am a mess.  Stressed out, moody, irratable, I become an insomniac....... too many birthdays, too much shopping, too many visitors, then there is Hanukkah and Christmas, the list goes on and on.  Most people enjoy all the festivities but it all just turns me into Ebenezer Scrooge.

Now that December is finally over I can relax and start blogging again.

Lets start with my New Years Resolution.

I live my life centered around planet Earth.
What can I do to make it a better place?
What can I do to help keep it healthy and safe for my kids?
  What can I give back to her for all that she has given to me? 

I have exhausted so much time and effort into mother Earth that I have never taken the time to think about or care about what I am doing to mother Lo until now.

For Christmas my mom bought me Gorgeously Green by Sophie Uliano.



Awesome book!

But as I was reading it I became disgusted with myself.

While I have I been going on and on about recycling, upcycling, composting, gardening, hot water heater coats, outlet insulators, and green household products I have failed to realize the neglect of my own body.

There are so many BAD BAD BAD chemicals in my daily beauty products that I have come to the conclusion that my body is more polluted than planet Earth and is in more trouble than all the oceans combined.

SO

for my New Years resolution I vow to change EVERYTHING about my daily beauty routines.

Out with the old in with the new.
(facial cleansers, soaps, deodorants, shampoos, conditioners, moisturizers, toothpastes, hair dye, make-up,etc.)

Being that alot of these new products will be expensive I am going to make my changes gradually.  Finish one bad product and replace it with a good one.  I have alreay made one change that I will share another day.

2009 was a great year and now Im looking forward to this new change and this new year.

Here's to a new year!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kate and Crew said...

LL - that's pricey...like really, really pricey. Good luck with it! If I could afford it, I'd be a lot greener than I am, but it's not in the budget, I'm afraid. Plus some chemically-laden products just work so much better than the au natural ones too.

Keep us posted on what you change!