4.27.2010

Ants Be Gone.

This is a totally random but useful post.

We get ants in our house every.single.summer. I hate them. Most of the time I can find their colony outside, stick an ant killer stake in the ground, and call it a day. Great, but it does not work when they get in my kitchen. With 3 kids eating and dropping crumbs everywhere the ants get BAD and it is so hard to get rid of them. A few weeks ago a friend taught me a way to get rid of them that is all natural and wont kill my kids.

Killer Ant Butter Balls

- 1 tsp. butter
-1/8 tsp. borax
-1/4 tsp. sugar

Mix the sugar, borax, and butter together. Roll into teeny tiny balls and stick it where ever the ants are coming in.

This is great for us because there is such a small amount of borax in the mix that if one of my kids eats it I dont have to freak out and call poison control but it is strong enough that it will knock out the colony of ants in less than a week.

Thanks Megan!!!!

1 comment:

luvmykyra09 said...

No problem glad you got the recipe out there for others.